More than 3,000 Organizations Demonstrate Their Support to Safeguard the Federal Nutrition Programs in a Letter to President Trump and Congress
The letter urges ensuring a strong and effective national nutrition safety net for vulnerable, low-income individuals and families. See current list of signers (pdf).
ON THE HILL
- 2018 Farm Bill letter to House and Senate Budget and Appropriations CommitteesFRAC is proud to have played a leadership role in developing and garnering support for this letter (pdf) urging the House and Senate Budget and Appropriations Committees not to “hinder development and passage of the 2018 Farm Bill with further cuts.”
- SNAP Support Letters - 115th Congress: An Open Letter to...Congress and the Administration
- The National Anti-Hunger Organizations (NAHO) letter (pdf) asks Congress and the Administration to safeguard and protect all federal nutrition programs.
- The SAVE (Strengthening America’s Value and Economy) for All letter (pdf) advocates for economic fairness, asking Congress and the Administration to prioritize the funding needs of programs serving vulnerable families and individuals.
- The California letter (pdf) details why the federal nutrition programs are so critical and the severe consequences of cutting the funding for these programs.
- The Massachusetts letter (pdf) outlines who benefits from the federal nutrition programs and why protecting and defending the current structure of the programs is so important.
- The New York letter addresses how vital access to the federal nutrition programs are and urges the New York delegation to protect the programs from any structural changes.
Recent Publications & DataSee More Resources
Child and Adult Care Food Program: Average Daily Participation, Meals Served, and Cash Reimbursements, FY 2016Read the report
This toolkit provides guidance to principals in how to effectively partner with their school nutrition department to bring “grab-and-go” breakfast, second-chance breakfast, or breakfast in the classroom programs to their schools.Learn more
Information for sponsors and supporters on establishing logistics for this year’s Summer Nutrition Programs. Part of FRAC’s Summer Nutrition Programs Implementation Calendars and Guide.Download the toolkit
- Fact Sheet
Includes information on: How to Implement the Afterschool Nutrition Standards of Excellence; Levels of Excellence; Evaluating Sites; Acknowledging Quality Site; Build on Success: Take Afterschool Nutrition to the Next Levels; Ensure Access to Quality Food throughout the Year; Levels of Excellence checklists.Read more
This is a guest blog by Wendy Y. Robinson, Ed.D., superintendent of Fort Wayne, Indiana, Community Schools.
This is the third in a three-part series by guest blogger Janet Poppendieck, author and Professor Emerita of Sociology at Hunter College, City University of New York, on the history of the School Breakfast Program.
This is the second in a three-part series by guest blogger Janet Poppendieck, author and Professor Emerita of Sociology at Hunter College, City University of New York, on the history of the School Breakfast Program.