FRAC is the leading national nonprofit organization working to eradicate poverty-related hunger and undernutrition in the United States. We:
- lead efforts to identify and communicate the connections among poverty, hunger, and obesity among low-income people
- conduct research to document the extent of hunger, its impact, and effective solutions;
- seek stronger federal, state and local public policies that will reduce hunger, undernutrition, and obesity;
- monitor the implementation of laws and serve as a watchdog of programs;
- provide coordination, training, technical assistance, and support on nutrition and anti-poverty issues to a nationwide network of advocates, service providers, food banks, program administrators and participants, and policymakers; and
- conduct public information campaigns to help promote changes in attitude and policies.