Join FRAC every day during National School Lunch Week (October 9–13) for opportunities to:
- raise awareness about the healthy lunches served at school;
- increase student participation;
- share success stories; and
- attract media coverage.
Below are activities and resources to make NSLW a success in your community.
Menu of Activities During National School Lunch Week
Join FRAC every day for activities to increase awareness of school lunch and the champions that make it work.
- Monday, October 9: Welcome to #NSLW23!
Visit FRAC’s website and get ready for the week.
- Tuesday, October 10: Use the FRAC Action Network to Advocate for Nationwide Healthy School Meals for All
Urge your Member of Congress to cosponsor the Universal School Meal Program Act of 2023, which would create a permanent nationwide Healthy School Meals for All program, increase reimbursement rates for school meals, end lunch shaming, reimburse schools for meal debt, provide incentives for local food procurement, expand summer meal access, and expand the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Wednesday, October 11: Raise Your Hand for Healthy School Meals for All
Show your support for Healthy School Meals for All today! Take a picture of you raising your hand for #SchoolMealsForAll and tag your Members of Congress. Be sure to tag @fractweets so that your message can be retweeted.
- Thursday, October 12: Shoutout Your School Lunch Champion!
Is there a school nutrition director in your community making a difference? Celebrate these champions by tagging them on social, and sharing how they go above and beyond to increase the reach of school lunch. Don’t forget to tag @fractweets on X (formerly Twitter) and @fracgram on Instagram as well so that your message can be amplified!
- Friday, October 13: Get Vocal on Social
Tag and tell your Members of Congress that we need nationwide Healthy School Meals for All!
FRAC’s Alexis Bylander On NSLW
National School Lunch Week Highlights the Powerful Role That School Meals Play
Read a new FRAC Chat from Senior Child Nutrition Policy Analyst Alexis Bylander to learn why the School Nutrition Programs are worth celebrating.
FRAC Research & Resources
- Healthy School Meals for All – Campaign Site
- The Case for Healthy School Meals for All
- Benefits of School Lunch
- Strategies to Increase Applications for School Meals
- School Meals are Essential for Student Health and Learning
- Reducing Barriers to Consuming School Meals
- School District Strategies for Improving Direct Certification
- The Connections Between Food Insecurity, the Federal Nutrition Programs, and Student Behavior
- National School Lunch Program – FRAC webpage
- Community Eligibility Provision – Grouping Tools and Calculators