Get the word out about the importance of summer nutrition programs!
The Summer Nutrition Programs play a critical role in closing the summer nutrition gap that exists for low-income families when the school year — and access to school breakfast and lunch — ends. However, FRAC’s Summer Nutrition Reports show that participation in summer lunch decreased from July 2017 to July 2018. This drop marks the third consecutive year that the Summer Nutrition Programs have lost important ground and reverses the growth in participation that occurred from 2012 to 2015.
To make sure you have everything you need to show policymakers that there are too many children in your state missing out on free summer meals, FRAC has developed a communications toolkit for states that includes a national news release and model news release for states.
Be a part of FRAC’s Tag, You’re It campaign: The toolkit also includes sample social and graphics for FRAC’s Tag, You’re It campaign. How can you join? Step 1: Share the new reports on your social media feeds. Step 2: Tag your Members of Congress, family, friends, and more to encourage them to check out FRAC’s new data.
Interactive Tools: View
National News Release: View
Model News Release for States: Download
Sample Social: Click on “Share” links to tweet sample social
July 8-13, 2019 is National Summer Learning Week! Use the #SummerLearningWeek hashtag, and join our friends at the National Summer Learning Association in celebrating the “importance of keeping kids learning, safe, and healthy every summer.”
- #TagYoureIt! Get vocal on social and tag your Members of Congress to share @fractweets’ new reports on the how #SummerMeals ensure fewer kids go hungry during the summer: bit.ly/2J6HsvW #CNR19: Share
- #TagYoureIt! Explore and tag those in your network to share @fractweets’ latest reports explaining how we can – and why we must – work to increase children’s participation in #SummerMeals: bit.ly/2J6HsvW: Share
- #SummerMeals sites frequently offer more than just meals to children at risk of hunger. When paired with educational and enrichment programming, they help combat weight gain and learning loss. Get the facts with @fractweets’ new reports: bit.ly/2J6HsvW #TagYoureIt: Share
- When summer vacation begins and #SchoolMeals are no longer available, hunger doesn’t take a break. #SummerMeals play a key role in closing the summer nutrition gap by helping to keep hunger at bay. Learn more with @fractweets’ new reports: bit.ly/2J6HsvW #TagYoureIt: Share
- There are currently not enough #SummerMeals sites and sponsors to meet the need. #CNR19 can help solve this problem by increasing access and participation in the summer nutrition programs. Read @fractweets’ new reports to learn more: bit.ly/2J6HsvW #TagYoureIt: Share
- During summer break, hunger doesn’t take a vacation for millions of children across the country. Check out @fractweets’ new interactive tools to see state-by-state data on participation in #SummerMeals through the Summer Nutrition Programs: bit.ly/2J6HsvW #TagYoureIt: Share
Graphics: Click on each graphic to download the full-size version