The nation is moving the needle on afterschool nutrition participation!
According to our new report, Afterschool Suppers: A Snapshot of Participation (October 2019), on an average day in October 2018, the Afterschool Nutrition Programs provided suppers to 1.3 million children (a 10.4 percent increase from October 2017) and snacks to 1.5 million children.
FRAC has developed a communications toolkit to help you spread the word about the promising growth in afterschool nutrition participation — alongside strategies for making even more progress. The toolkit includes our new report, our national news release, a model news release, sample social media, and graphics.
National News Release: View
Model News Release for States: Download
Sample Social: Click on “Share” links to tweet sample social.
Tip: Be sure to tag your senators and representatives on Twitter.
- How many students eat afterschool suppers and snacks? What are the benefits of #AfterschoolMeals? How can we make them more accessible? Get the facts with @fractweets’ newest afterschool meals report: bit.ly/2P1Ytuy: Share
- Great news: 1.3 million children received an afterschool supper in October 2018 – a 10.4% increase from October 2017. Learn more on recent afterschool nutrition trends in @fractweets’ newest #AfterschoolMeals report: bit.ly/2P1Ytuy: Share
- #AfterschoolMeals help feed students, many of whom would otherwise go home to empty tables and bare cupboards after school, on weekends, and even during holidays. Explore more about the benefits of afterschool nutrition in @fractweets’ newest report: bit.ly/2P1Ytuy: Share
- More students are eating afterschool suppers, but the nation is still falling short on meeting the current need. Learn more about opportunities for expanding #AfterschoolMeals participation through #CNR19 in @fractweets’ newest report: bit.ly/2P1Ytuy: Share
- We’re celebrating #AfterschoolMeals with @afterschool4all! Moving the needle on the reach afterschool suppers and snacks will help support the health and well-being of our children. Learn more with @fractweets’ newest report: bit.ly/2P1Ytuy #LightsOnAfterschool: Share
Graphics: Click on each graphic to download the full-size version.